These adorable Valentine’s Day Dino Cards were SO fun to make! My son is (almost) 5 years old and he wanted to make Valentine’s cards for his friends at preschool. I first went to the Dollar Store and grabbed a $1 pack of Paw Patrol Valentine’s cards, but then I realized he would probably have more fun if he got to use glue and stamps. What preschooler wouldn’t?! Ha! So I got to work!
My son LOVES dinosaurs so I figured that tying a dinosaur to his cards would really make him happy. After that I looked up some Valentine’s Day sayings and picked my favorite: “You are DINO-MITE!”
These pictures do not have my son’s finishing touches on them yet because he isn’t home from preschool, but I am going to give him heart stamps and allow him to stamp wherever he’d like! He’s going to love it! I went ahead and made a DINO-MITE Valentine FREE Printable for these cards if you want to make them with your kiddos!
Supplies: Red card stock (i.e. red), contrasting color card stock (i.e. dark red or pink), string, mini toy dinosaurs, hole punch, glue or double sided tape, scissors, stamps/stickers of your choice.
- Use red 8.5″ x 11″ card stock and cut the paper in fourths, so you have 4 cards.
- Hole punch two holes near the top of the card.
- Stick on a Valentine border sticker or stamp (like the one on the bottom of these cards).
- Take string and wrap it around the dinosaur and through the hole punches; tie the string tightly in the back to secure the dinosaur.
- Use my DINO-MITE Valentine FREE Printable to print the saying: “You are DINO-MITE! Love, Your child’s name here“.
- Cut out each saying and tape or glue it to another piece of card stock. Choose a contrasting color card stock to your original card color.
- Glue the mounted saying to your card wherever you’d like.
- Allow your child to add stickers, color, or stamp their cards however they’d like!!
If you end up making these Valentine’s Day Dino Cards, I would love to hear about it! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ahouseahappyhome so I can check it out. Enjoy, friends!